Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grilled Pizza



I have been wanting to try to make grilled pizza for awhile. The fact is - I was scared... I just pictured a screaming match between me and Tim (he mans the grill) because of dough running through the grates and it just wasn't going to be pretty. Well, I read up on the topic on a few of my favorite blogs and finally decided I would follow the instruction of Annie, from Annie's Eats blog. I followed her dough recipe and technique exactly and the pizzas were some of the best pizza I have ever had - I couldn't believe I had actually made them from scratch! I don't think we will ever use refrigerated or packaged mix dough again! It was very easy and my favorite part about the dough recipe is that it makes two batches, so you can freeze one and use the other for another time - maybe tomorrow night! I will say that I used tips from three different parts of her blog to make these little masterpieces, so I will post them all below.


Our toppings of choice tonight were prosciutto, wild mushrooms, goat cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese (we only had part-skim mozzerella and Tim "hates the way it melts") and fresh basil. I actually used Kroger brand pizza sauce as the base, mixed with a little olive oil, Italian seasoning and my basil in a tube to spice it up a little (the tubes of herbs can be found by the fresh herbs).


Annie offers two other recipes in these links below - one a chicken ranch pizza and the other with fresh veggies - both look good and I will have to try them eventually!


Oh and by the way - Tim and I did get into a mini-screaming match because he insisted that I was making them too small - but like I said, I followed her technique exactly and they turned out the perfect size. Moral of the story - don't listen to Tim, listen to Annie! Note on the picture - we made a total of four small pizzas - not pictured the BBQ Chicken pizza we made for the boys!






No comments:

Post a Comment