Monday, April 6, 2009

Orzo Pasta Salad with Pesto and Tomatoes

I haven't posted anything in a week because I was so sick last week, with no appetite! However, I was craving a pasta salad last night and decided to try something new. I made this up, so you could try this and add other things that sound good to you!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of Orzo (I used whole wheat orzo)
Juice from two lemons
1 tsp lemon zest
2 T prepared pesto
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup of feta cheese(I used reduced fat feta)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil for garnish

Directions

Prepare the orzo according to directions. Whisk lemon juice, lemon zest, pesto, salt, pepper and olive oil together in a small bowl. Combine the pasta and "dressing" in a large bowl. Add in feta and tomatoes and top with fresh basil. Best if chilled for a couple of hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment